Learn@Illinois Moodle - Student - Inserting an Image
Learn how to add images to an activity or resource using the default text editor.
For a permanent link to this information, please use: http://go.illinois.edu/MoodleInsertImage
You can insert an image into any screen where you have the Default editor. This includes forum posts and wikis.
- Click on the Insert or edit image picture icon in the editing toolbar.
- Under Describe this image for someone who cannot see it, enter a description of the image to make it accessible to low-vision or blind users. (See Alternative Text for guidelines on image description.) Click on Browse repositories.
- In the pop-up box in the menu on the left, select Upload a file. Click Choose File. Select the image file from your computer and click Open. Then click Upload this file.
- If you would like to change the size of the image, unclick Auto size and manually adjust the dimensions. (Note: The image will adjust when you change either of the two dimensions.) This is strongly recommended for large images. You can also choose where you would like the image to appear on the page by clicking on the Alignment drop-down menu.
- Click the Save image button.