SSW - How to Use Remote Desktop
How to remotely access a school computer from another computer. Remember that the computer you want to access must be powered on and connected to the network.
- Open the Start Menu and search for "VPN", then select "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client". If this option does not appear in the search results, visit this website for instructions on how to download and configure the VPN client, then return to this step.
- Enter your NetID and Active Directory password as login credentials. Make sure SplitTunnel is the option selected for the "Group" field and click "OK".
- Open the Start Menu and search for "Remote Desktop", then select "Remote Desktop Connection".
- After launching Remote Desktop Connection you will be prompted to enter the name of the computer you wish to access. Type in the computer name you collected from work (i.e. SCH-PCXX.ad.uillinois.edu or CFRC-PCXX.ad.uillinois.edu) and click "Connect".
- A box will pop up asking for login credentials. Select "Use another account". In the "User name" input field type "UOFI\" followed by your NetID, and in the "Password" input field type your Active Directory password. Press Enter.