Learn@Illinois Moodle - Creating a Category Folder to Organize your Gradebook
Learn how to create a category folder to organize your gradebook. For example, you can sort by activity type (e.g., quizzes, assignments), modules (e.g., Module 1, Module 2), to drop the lowest grades of a set of activities, and/or to create folders with different weights (e.g., make quizzes 15% of the grade).
For a permanent link to this information, please use: http://go.illinois.edu/MoodleGradebookCategories
- In the upper right corner, click the Actions menu gear.
- From the drop-down menu, select Gradebook setup.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Add category.
- Enter the name of your category.
- In the "Aggregation" drop-down menu, select the desired aggregation type.
- For points gradebooks, select "Natural (Sum of Grades)".
- For percentage gradebooks, select "Mean of Grades" or "Simple weighted mean of grades" (select the latter if varying point values correspond to desired weights).