Topics Map > ATLAS Applications > ATLAS Formbuilder
ATLAS FormBuilder - Lifecycle - Trigger Conditions Explained
This tutorial highlights the different settings associated with routing trigger conditions.
Routing triggers allow form builders to create conditions that control what happens when a routing action is set off
1.) Trigger Conditions can be found in the routing trigger settings. Go to 'Routing Triggers' under the 'Data Collection and Form Lifecycle' heading on your form's Dashboard.
2.) To edit an existing routing trigger's conditions, select 'Edit'. To create a new routing trigger, select '+ Add New Trigger' within the 'Routing Triggers' header.
3.) Fill out the information you are prompted with. Under the 'Trigger Condition' heading, you are able to select the type of trigger condition you want to use. Open the drop-down menu underneath 'Trigger Condition' and select the option you wish to use. Each option will change the number and content of the fields you need to fill in.
- Answer Value: Sets off routing trigger if a certain answer value is displayed in the form responses. You will have to designate which question answer value should trigger it, either exact value or regular expression.
- Text Merge Field: Allows you to merge text if a question value is left blank.
- Form Submit Date: Can specify a period which sets off the routing trigger if the form is submitted between the dates you specify.
- Form Submit State: Specify that routing trigger is set off if the form is submitted or not submitted.
- Form Cancelled State: Specify that routing trigger is set off if the form is cancelled or not cancelled.
- Form Waitlisted State: Specify that routing trigger is set off if the form is waitlisted or not waitlisted.
- Payment Promised: Routing trigger is set off if the payment is promised (e.g. check payment has not yet been received) or if it has been confirmed and the funds have been received.
- Payment Status: Trigger is set off if the payment is paid in full, partially paid, unpaid, or refunded.
- Payment Method: Designate which type of payment sets off trigger (e.g. IPay, check, manual adjustment).
- Group Membership: Designate which group a response submitter/last modifying user/NetID has to be a part of in order to set off trigger.
- Current Date: Sets off trigger if the current date of the form submission matches the period you designate within the condition.
- Current Phase: Sets off trigger if the current phase matches the phase designated here.
- Associated Period: Specify the period in which you want the routing trigger to be set off. The default is the current period.
- And: Specify multiple conditions under which you want the trigger to take effect. If all the conditions you specify are met, the routing trigger will be set off.
- Or: Specify multiple conditions under which you want the trigger to take effect, and if any of the conditions are met, the routing trigger will be set off.
- Not: Triggered if any of the above specifications are NOT in effect.
For more information on building routing triggers, explore ATLAS FormBuilder - Lifecycle - How to Build a Routing Trigger.