Learn@Illinois Moodle - Entering Zeros for Empty Grades
For a permanent link to this information, please use: http://go.illinois.edu/MoodleEnteringZeros
- On your course homepage, click the Grades tab.
- From the drop-down menu (most likely named most likely named Grader report, but this will depend on what gradebook page you last navigated to), select Single view.
- Under the "Single view," click the Grade items option.
- At the top of the page, expand the "Select a grade item" drop-down menu and select the desired grade item.
- At the top right-hand side of the page, enable Edit mode.
- At the top of the page, expand the "Actions" drop-down menu and select Bulk insert grades.
- In the Bulk insert grades pop-up, read the statement at the top and check the I understand that my unsaved changes will be lost checkbox, select the Empty grades radio option, and click the Save button.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 to batch enter zeros for other activities.
We encourage you to take advantage of our quick and free gradebook audits to make sure that your gradebook is ready for entering final scores. Please contact email@example.com to request a gradebook review or schedule an in-person consultation.