Learn@Illinois Moodle - Using Single View to Grade
Learn how to quickly and easily enter grades for manual grade items. This can be handy to enter grades for paper-based assignments or other assignments that are not submitted by students within Moodle. This method also works for overriding grades.
For a permanent link to this information, please use: https://go.illinois.edu/MoodleSingleView
- From the course homepage, click Grades.
- Click Grader report and select Single view.
- Click Grade items.
- Click Select a grade item and select the assignment that you would like to grade.
- Toggle Edit mode on.
- Enter grades and feedback for students.
Note: The screenshot below is for a manual grade item. If you grade an activity in Moodle like a quiz or assignment this way, this is understood to override the grades and the "Override" checkbox must be checked.
Note: This feedback will show up for students whenever they view their grades for the course. To view the gradebook as a student, see Viewing the Course and Gradebook as a Student.
Note: If you have a lot of students, you can change the "Items per page" at the bottom left to a higher number so that all students will all display on one page.
- Press Save. Save often to prevent data loss.