Learn@Illinois Moodle - Highlight Unread Forum Posts
Do you want a quick way to see if there are new posts in your Moodle forums? Enable forum tracking. This will display how many unread posts you have in each forum in the course.
For a permanent link to this information, please use: http://go.illinois.edu/MoodleForumTracking
What Is Forum Tracking?
Forum tracking displays how many unread posts you have in each forum in the course.
Enabling Forum Tracking
- In the upper right-hand corner of the course homepage, click your name and select Preferences.
- Under the "User account" section, click Forum preferences.
- Under the "Forum tracking" drop-down list, choose "Yes: highlight new posts for me".
- Under the "When sending forum post notifications" drop-down, select either:
- Mark the post as read - This means that the post will not be highlighted if you get an email notification about it.
- Do not mark the post as read - This means that the post will be highlighted regardless of whether you got an email notification (recommended).
- Click Save changes.