SSW - How to Install Zoom and Host/Join a Zoom Meeting
Basic instructions for using Zoom
How to Install Zoom and Host/Join a Zoom Meeting
- Install Zoom via going to the official website and downloading the client for Zoom Meeting
- Run the installer for Zoom
- Zoom should open and display the Zoom interface
- Login to Zoom if not already
- If you are responsible for starting meeting, press New Meeting and select Phone Call if you are on the road and can’t access using a computer with speakers, or select Computer Audio if that is available. If you select phone call, it brings up a list of dial-in numbers. For the person that is joining, select your country and dial in any of the given numbers but preferably dial the one that has the area code closest to you. Then, insert the pound (#) key on your phone after the number and type in the meeting ID and then press call in order to join the call. (The host does not have to do anything except providing the meeting ID).
- After meeting started, click the icon on the top left in order to see the meeting ID and password. You need to give this meeting ID to the people who you wanted to join the meeting. Alternatively, you can copy the invitational code URL and send it to the people you want to join in order to skip the inconvenience of typing in the meeting ID and password (only if they are on a computer device).
How to Join a Zoom Meeting
- Start Zoom and click Join Meeting
- Enter the meeting ID or personal link name (in the form of a URL) which is given by your host. The meeting ID should have around 9,10, or 11 numbers. Then decide if you want to connect to audio (do you want to hear the people talk in the meeting?) and if you want the people in the call to see you (this would turn on the camera)