Topics Map > ATLAS Applications > ATLAS Directory
ATLAS Directory - Initial Profile Setup
Detailed below are the instructions on how to set up your user profile on the ATLAS Directory app. These instructions are for general member users of the app. If it seems like options are missing or that the app isn’t working, it may be a technical issue. Email ATLAS at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional support if the guidelines below don’t answer your question(s).
The first time you log in, you are presented with the Initial Setup Wizard. After completing the setup process you will be able to log in and edit your profile information at any time using the User Profile tab.
To get started, do the following:
- Go to https://apps.atlas.illinois.edu/CVStorage/
- Log in with your NetID
- (e.g. if you have an Illinois e-mail address of email@example.com, you would log in with the NetID bob123) and your AD password (The AD password is used to log into your Netfiles account. If you have not set your AD password or are unsure if you have set one, please visit the University of Illinois Identity and Access Management Password page ).
Initial Setup uses the "Initial Setup Wizard".
Initial Setup Wizard
- Initial Setup Wizard menu is on the left side of the page.
- The menu walks you through each page.
- To navigate through pages use the buttons: Previous, Next and Cancel.
- Proceed through all steps until you get to the end to finish the wizard.
Please note that any information that is uploaded to ATLAS Directory may be accessible on the internet. Please do not post anything information that you do not want publicly distributed.
Step 1: Terms and Conditions
If you agree to the Terms and Conditions, please select the Next button. This will allow you to progress to the next screen and get started editing your Contact Information.
Step 2: Contact Information (Edit User Information)
Use this section to edit your contact information, such as name, title, office address, phone, URL, etc.
Information updated on this page is reflected across all your affiliated departments using ATLAS Directory.
Add/Edit Profile Photograph
At the bottom of the 'Contact Information (Edit User Information)' page, there is a section for User Photo. If a photo doesn't exist, you can upload one or load from campus directory. If one already exists, you are able to delete it.
Upload/Delete your CV/Resume
If you have an existing CV/Resume file in a format that would be suitable to upload you can add it to your profile, too. This can be done on the 'Contact Information (Edit User Information)' page at the bottom of the page, in the 'Upload CV or Resume' section under all of the personal information.
After you edit your contact info, add a photo, and upload your CV, be sure to click 'Save' Button, then move to the next page by clicking 'Next'.
Step 3: Additional Information
Some or all of this section may not be visible to all users. This is based on various factors such as your department affiliations and permission levels. If it applies to you, you will be able to add Office Hours, links to External Sites, list Awards and Grants, among other things.
After adding all the appropriate additional information fields, click 'Next' to move to the Publications section.
Step 4: Publications
Here you can add publications to your online CV by choosing the type you wish to add and filling out the appropriate fields.
After adding all of your publications, click 'Next' to move to the Area Affiliations section.
Step 5: Area Affiliations
The area affiliations page allows you to account for split appointment by associating a department member (i.e. faculty) or yourself with multiple areas (or departments).
- If you do not have area affiliations, it simply means you are currently not associated with any resources that use ATLAS Directory.
- You may only edit or remove existing affiliations. Only Department Managers have the ability to add affiliations.
- If you remove an affiliation, you will not be able to re-add it.
If you do not wish to make any changes, click 'Next' to move to the Permissions section.
Step 6: Proxy Permissions
By giving someone else proxy permission, you allow them to edit your profile information for you.
If you do not wish to make any changes, click 'Next' to move to the Finished section.
Final Step: Finish
- After walking through each page you will end up at the 'Finished' page.
- Click the 'Finish' button to save all changes and complete the initial setup.
- Next time you log in you will be able to edit your profile information using the "User Profile" tab.