Learn@Illinois Moodle - Student - Managing Email from Forums
Depending on how forums are set up by an instructor, you may or may not automatically receive an email each time something is posted. You can control these emails by changing your forum subscriptions and how often you receive emails from the forums you are subscribed to.
For a permanent link to this information, please use: http://go.illinois.edu/MoodleForumEmail
Subscribing or Unsubscribing to Emails from a Forum
- Click on the desired forum.
- In the upper right corner, click on Subscribe to Forum to subscribe.
- To unsubscribe from the forum, click Unsubscribe from this forum.
Changing How Often You Receive Emails from Forum Subscriptions
- In the upper right-hand corner of the course homepage, click your name and select Preferences.
- Under the "User account" section, click Forum preferences.
- Use the "Email digest type" drop-down list to manage how often you receive forum emails. The options are described below:
- No Digest (recommended) - receive an email each time someone posts to a forum to which you are subscribed
- Complete - an email each day with the contents of each post in forums you are subscribed to that day.
- Subjects - receive an email each day with only the subject names of each post in forums you are subscribed to that day.
Note: If you choose the "Complete" or "Subjects" options, you may not receive important course announcements (such as a class cancellation) in a timely manner.