Learn@Illinois Moodle - Adding, Configuring, and Deleting Blocks
Learn how blocks can be used to help instructors stay organized. Blocks are the boxes which typically appear to the left or right of your course content pages. They can contain many different kinds of content depending on the type of block you choose.
For a permanent link to this information, please use: https://go.illinois.edu/MoodleUsingBlocks
We will use the Calendar block as an example in the instructions below.
Adding a Block
- In the upper right, click on the orange button that says Turn editing on.
- On the menu on the left, click Add a block.
Deleting a Block
- In the upper right corner of the block, click the small Actions menu gear.
- From the drop-down menu, select Delete_____block. (In this case, "Delete Calendar block").
- A message will display in the center of the page asking you to confirm your action. Click Yes.