Learn@Illinois Moodle - Using the Quickmail Block to Email Students
Learn how to use the quickmail block to send emails to groups of students within the class.
For a permanent link to this information, please use: http://go.illinois.edu/MoodleQuickmailBlock
Adding the Quickmail Block
If you do not see a Quickmail block in either the left or right column of your course site after scrolling all of the way down, add one.
- In the upper right corner, click Turn editing on.
- In the menu on the left, click Add a block.
- Scroll down and select Quickmail.
Composing and Sending Emails
Watch this video to learn some of the great new features of Quickmail! You will see our old theme, but the features are the same.
- In the Quickmail block, click Compose Course Message.
- In this screen, you can select the email address the message is sent from, as well as specific groups who will receive this email and/or be excluded from this communication.
You may also personalize the email with data fields such as [:firstname:] (listed below), which will display the student's respective name, and add attachments by dragging and dropping.
- You can add a signature, schedule your email to send at a future date and receive a "send report" of your email and who received it.
Note: We recommend always sending your message as an Email (and not as a Moodle Message) and receiving a send report.
- Click Send Message.
- In the Quickmail block, click View Drafts to access draft emails. The emails will appear in a list.
- In this screen, you can edit, duplicate, or delete your draft.
Create or Edit Email Signatures
- In the Quickmail block, click My Signatures.
- Leave the drop-down to "Create New" to create a new signature or select the signature that you would like to edit.
In the "Title" field, enter a name for your signature, type in your signature, make it default if you wish, and click Save.