Learn@Illinois Moodle - Illinois Media Space (IMS) Resource
Learn how to create an Illinois Media Space (IMS) resource. Note that "resource" is a technical term in Moodle for non-interactive elements as opposed to "activities".
For a permanent link to this information, please use: http://go.illinois.edu/MoodleIMSResource
Note: For most uses, we recommend embedding IMS videos within a Page resource rather than using the Illinois Media Space resource.
Creating the Resource
- In the course site homepage in the upper right corner, click Turn editing on.
- Scroll to the section in which the resource will appear and click + Add an activity or resource.
- Scroll down to the "Resources" section, select Illinois Media Space Resource, and click Add.
- Under "Name", type a name for the resource.
- Under "Video", click Add media. This will launch the Illinois Media Space browser where you can select the video content you would like to add.
Note: Only one video can be embedded.
- Click Save and return to course.