Learn@Illinois Moodle - Exporting Final Grades for Banner Upload
Instructors can use Moodle to easily export final letter grades in a format that Banner Mass Grade Entry can use. Moodle provides a downloadable file that includes just UINs and the final letter grade, which can be uploaded in Banner.
For a permanent link to this information, please use: http://go.illinois.edu/MoodleBannerGrades
Make Sure the Scale is Correct
By default, the settings in Moodle correspond with the University grading scale. However, it is a good idea to check the letter grade boundaries in your Moodle course site to verify that the letter grade distribution for final grades is on par with your expectations.
- In the Administration block in the upper-left corner, click Gradebook setup.
- Click Letters.
- Review the letters and edit as necessary. Refer to this page if your scale is off.
Export an Excel File with your Moodle Grades
- In the "Administration" block in the upper-left corner, click Gradebook setup.
- The Administration block will now be for Grade administration. Scroll down and click Export, then select UI Text Export.
- Under "Options", click on the button labeled Banner Mass Grade Entry. This will make all of the default settings compatible with the Registrar's upload process. Specifically, it will exclude the header row, and provide only the students' UIN and final grade.
- Scroll down and click Download.
- Save the Excel file.
- Visit the Office of the Registrar's page on Final Grade Entry. Click here to download the Registrar's PDF on using the Banner Mass Grade Entry Tool.