Learn@Illinois Moodle - Edit Multiple Activities with the Mass Actions Block
Learn how to edit multiple activities at once with the Mass Actions block. This block allows instructors to duplicate, delete, hide, show, move, set stealth mode, delete empty sections, outdent, and indent multiple resources or activities to save you a lot of time when you would otherwise have to do many repeated actions.
For a permanent link to this information, please use: http://go.illinois.edu/MoodleMassActions
Adding a Mass Actions Block
- Go to your course main page and Turn editing on.
- On the left side of the page, click Add a block.
- From the drop-down menu, select Mass actions block.
- When editing is turned on, the Mass Actions block will appear on the left side of your screen.
Using a Mass Actions Block
See below for explanations of all functions.
Delete Empty Sections
- Click the blue "Delete Empty Sections" link to delete any sections in your course. For this option, you do not need to select anything and will get a confirmation screen verifying that you want to delete a particular section or sections. For the TabTopics format, a "section" corresponds to a tab. This has nothing to do with discussion sections, which are stored in Moodle as "groups".
Methods of Selection
- Select all (blue link)
Selects every activity and resource in your course by filling in the checkbox to the right of every activity and resource.
- Select all in section (drop-down)
Use the drop-down to select a particular section work with. Only one may be selected.
- Deselect all (blue link)
Deselects every activity and resource in your course by clearing the checkbox to the right of every activity and resource.
- Manual Selection
Manually check the checkboxes to the right of the activities and/or resources that you would like to select.
- Outdent (move left)
- Indent (move right)
- Hide from students
- Show to students
- Duplicate (within the same section)
- Set Stealth Mode (See Using "Make Available" a.k.a. "Stealth Mode")
- Move items to another section
- Duplicate to a different section