SSW - How to Set Up an Automatic Connection to IllinoisNet
IllinoisNet is the network used by the University of Illinois. Anyone with a NetID and Active Directory password has permission to connect.
- If you are logged in to the computer, skip to the next step. Otherwise, log in as a local administrator or log in normally with a wired network connection.
- On the bottom/right side of the taskbar, click the network icon.
- If you are connected to IllinoisNet, skip to the next step. Otherwise, select IllinoisNet from the list of available networks and click "Connect". Log in with your NetID and Active Directory password if asked to provide your login credentials
- Right-click the Start button and select "Control Panel" in the drop-down menu. Navigate to "Control Panel" > "Network and Internet" > "Network and Sharing Center".
- Select "Wi-Fi (IllinoisNet)" under the list of connections.
- Select "Wireless Properties".
- Switch to the "Security" tab of the next window, and select "Advanced settings".
- Check the option "Specify authentication mode" and select the "Computer authentication" option from the drop-down menu. Click "OK".