Learn@Illinois Moodle - Feedback Activity
Learn how to use the feedback activity to create and conduct surveys to collect information from your students using a variety of question types. Feedback responses may be anonymous if desired, and results may be shown to all participants or restricted to teachers only.
For a permanent link to this information, please use: http://go.illinois.edu/MoodleFeedback
Examples of Using Feedback Activity
- Early informal feedback
- A customized survey that you don't need a completion grade for
- Anonymous optional surveys to address issues such as bullying
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I know if Feedback is the best activity for what I need?
See our Surveying your Students or Choosing a Student Response Tool pages to help you decide which activity will best meet your needs.
- Can I send a follow-up reminder through Moodle to those who have not yet completed my survey?
Yes. Click on the "Show non-respondents" tab, select the ones you would like to message, compose the message and click "Send".
- Can I give a completion grade for participating in the survey?
No. If you would like to give students points for taking the survey, use Questionnaire.
- What question types are available?
Multiple choice - single answers (radio buttons), Multiple choice - multiple answers (checkboxes), or Multiple choice - single answer allowed (dropdown list), rated multiple choice, short answer, longer answer, and numeric.
- Can I require answers for certain questions?
Yes, under "Edit" next to the question, select "Set as required" or check the required checkbox when creating the question.
Groups and Groupings
- The Feedback activity can be used with separate groups.
- See our Groups and Groupings page for more information.