Learn@Illinois Moodle - Editing Maximum Grades
Learn how to edit the point totals in assignments and activities. The points that an activity is worth is called the "Maximum grade" in Moodle. The maximum grades (i.e. point values) of activities must be edited in the activity and cannot be edited directly in the gradebook.
Editing the Maximum Grade for Assignments and Most Other Activities
- Click on the assignment whose maximum grade you would like to change.
- In the upper right corner, click the Actions menu gear.
- In the drop-down menu, select Edit settings.
- In the "Grade" section, change the "Maximum grade" to the desired value.
- Click Save and return to course.
Editing the Maximum Grade for Quizzes
- Click on the quiz whose maximum grade you would like to change.
- Click Edit quiz.
- In the upper right-hand corner, change the "Maximum grade" to the desired value and click Save.