Learn@Illinois Moodle - Allow Students to Moderate Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Sessions
This document demonstrates how to change the permissions to a Blackboard Collaborate Ultra session to allow students to moderate sessions. This is useful for study lounges, group recording studios, and other situations in which you want to enable students to communicate synchronously without an instructor present.
- From your course main page, click on the Blackboard Collaborate Ultra session.
- In the Administration block, click Permissions.
- Once the page fully loads, open the "Advanced role override" drop-down menu and select Student.
- In the "Activity: Blackboard Collaborate Ultra" section and in the "Moderate Collaborate Instance" row, select Allow.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Save changes button. Students will now be able to moderate their own Collaborate sessions. Instructors will not need to attend sessions.