Learn@Illinois Moodle - Adding a YouTube Video via Illinois Media Space
This resource allows you to embed YouTube videos through Illinois Media Space. The advantage to doing this is that the video is displayed within the same player and is available to students in countries that have blocked YouTube.
For a permanent link to this information, please use: http://go.illinois.edu/MoodleYouTube
- Copy the link of the YouTube video you will be using.
- Click on an activity (or create one).
- Click Edit settings.
- Click the rainbow burst button in the text editor.
- In the upper right of the new window, click ADD NEW to expand the menu and choose the YouTube option.
- Paste the YouTube link into the text box.
- Click the Preview button and make sure you can see the video once it uploads.
- Scroll down, enter a description (optional), add tags (optional), and click Save.
- Click Back to Browse and Embed.
- Next to the video just uploaded, click the Select button.
- Once the video appears, click the Embed media button.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click Save and display to make sure the video embedded properly.