Learn@Illinois Moodle - Illinois Media Space (IMS) Assignment Activity
Learn how to use the Illinois Media Space (IMS) Assignment Activity. The IMS activity is a tool that allows instructors to create assignments that require students to upload and submit Illinois Media Space Videos. Instructors can easily grade student submissions and provide feedback.
Examples of Using Illinois Media Space Assignment Activity
- An assignment that requires students to post a video introduction
- An assignment that requires students to post a video podcast individually or as a group
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do students just upload a video to this activity?
No, students must first add a video to Illinois Media Space and then link it to the assignment. See our Student - Submitting an Illinois Media Space Assignment page. This page is also accessible to your students.
- Use clear descriptions of activity in the description field including:
- How students will be graded including any grading guides and rubrics
- Formatting rules
- File types that will be accepted
- Examples of exemplary submissions
- Communicate dates in a way that is easy to maintain
- Rarely use hard due dates (e.g. September 22, 2017) - opt for relative dates (e.g. Tuesday of Week 1) whenever possible
- Use the year when typing hard due dates so that if it does not get updated, it will be clear that this is the wrong date.
- When you would like to collect submissions at midnight, consider using 11:55pm instead. Students are often confused when something is due on Monday at midnight, but the system says that it is due on Tuesday at 12:00am.
Groups and Groupings
- See our Groups and Groupings page for more information.
- Student - Embedding Audio or Video from Illinois Media Space
- Student - Using Illinois Media Space for Audio Recording
- Student - Submitting an Illinois Media Space Assignment
- Adding a YouTube video via Illinois Media Space
- Illinois Media Space Resource
- Recording a Group Video Using Blackboard Collaborate Ultra