ATLAS Web - Requesting a cPanel site
Steps to request a campus website and grant access to the ATLAS Web team
Technology Services has created an easy way to create basic websites for small groups. In addition, they have created a way to grant access to the ATLAS Web team to assist you after the site is created. To setup your web space, please follow the steps below.
- Go to http://web.illinois.edu and click Create a web hosting account.
- Click the Campus Login option and use your email address and netid password.
- Enter a Domain Prefix (your netid or your lab name would be a good option) and enter "atlas" as the "Optional Support Code".
- Click the Create Account button and wait about 1 minute. You will see several messages, the last saying Access added.
- Send your new domain prefix to firstname.lastname@example.org for additional setup steps.