Topics Map > Vetstar > How To Articles
Vetstar - Client / Patient Account Lookup and Home Screen Overview
In this module, we will learn the various ways to quickly find a client/patient account and take a deeper look a the Vetstar Home screen options.
Video Training Link: Client / Patient Account Look up and Home Screen Overview
Client / Patient Lookup
The owner’s account number:
The owner's last name + the patient’s name (separated by a slash "/")
Owner's name as “last name, first name”
- Include a space between the comma and the first name.
- Enter the first few letters of the name if you are not sure of its spelling: for example: Lynn, Di will find Lynn, Diane; Lynn, Dianne; and Lynn, Diana.
m + the patient’s medical record number
p + Owner's Phone number:
Every field within this window is searchable. There is a Vetstar Tip box in the lower right corner with shortcuts that can be typed in the Home screen command line
Vetstar Home Screen Overview
- Client Information Section - this gives information such as account number, name, phone and balance.
- Status (Will display in red when active) - May be things like, delinquent account, special consideration such as awesome client, Challenging Client, CVM Employee, etc.
- Account link (Resets at end of day) - Select the work Account and you will see a list of all the accounts you have access that day. Please note it may take a moment to load.
- Patient Information Section - this gives information such as name, medical record number, breed, sex, age, weight and color.
- If the patient is consider inpatient their name will have a blue (I), in parenthesis, at the end.
- Alerts (Will display in red when active) - Up to three can be displayed and will be things like, aggressive, bites, no jug sticks, pacemaker, no images of the patient allowed per owner, etc.
- Patient Information Section - this gives visit date, reason, number, coordinating doctor and referring hospital/doctor and their contact information.
- The Visit Number is important when using the Nova in the ER. More info here: How to run a NOVA Test
- Other Patients - all other patients owned by the client will be listed here. You can scroll up/down if needed and double click to select
- Patient Recalls - Vaccine or follow ups will display here in blue. Once overdue they will turn to red.
- Pop up Notes & Comments - These are temporary notes that are not a permanent part of the medical record. Anyone can add or remove a PopUp Note. Add by clicking Pop Up Notes/Comments and selecting Add, then enter your text and select save. Common examples of Pop Up Notes:
- Use cell phone xxx-xxx-xxxx for today
- Review Client Communication before checkout
- Clinical Diagnosis - This is populated at discharge once the clinician has entered it.
- Upcoming Appointments - This will show all upcoming appointments, reason, etc.