Topics Map > Vetstar > How To Articles
Vetstar - Creating a New Client / Owner Account
An owner should only have one account; therefore we must search the Vetstar database before we create a new account. Often someone other than the owner may present with the patient. The patient must go on the owners account and not the other representative.
Verify the owner of a patient
- Owners last name
- Owners last name/patient name
- Phone number
- Phone with area code: p2173335300
- Partial phone number: p217333
- Phone without area code: p()3335300
Adding a new Client/Owner Account
- From the Home screen and ensure that you do not have a client account up.
- Type 2 for Client Master and press Enter. (You can also select 3 Client from the menu at the left of the screen.)
- Press F5 or select the Add button to go into Add mode. (Ensure that the status bar in the lower right corner says Add)
- Press enter and the Account number will auto fill.
- Fill out the Client information.
- Tip: Be sure to enter through the field versus using tab. This will ensure you do not skip fields.
- Name: lastname, firstname, middle initial (Smith, John N)
- Address: Do not use any punctuation (Use PO not P.O.)
- Zip: Enter the zip code and the city/state will auto populate
- Valid: Ensure this IS checked
- Sal Salutation: This is required and you can Select F4 to open a search window or select thebutton.
M.O.C (Method of Communication): Ask the customer their preferred MOC and select F4 to open a search window or select thebutton to choose their preference. (you can also enter m for mail or em for email, etc.)
- Home Phone:
- Work Phone:
- Cell Phone:
- Alt. Phone:
- Email: If the owner does not have an email enter “none” in the field
- Type: Should default to owner
- Staff Dr: Should default to ha for House Account
- Drivers Lic: Enter the owners Driver’s License Number.
- Client DOB:Clients date of birth
- Note: Do NOT add a referring vet here.
- Enter through the rest of the screen
- You will be prompted to enter a new patient. Add if needed.