Topics Map > Vetstar > How To Articles
Vetstar - Reports: Visit Report
When a patient registered in Vetstar, a report titled “Visit Report” will automatically be created. A visit report shall be created for all patient visits including bandage changes, and visits where the patient dies with the exception of lab work only (where the patient is not seen), and outpatient imaging. The patient visit report is printed for the owner at the time of discharge and is sent to the rDVM.
1. Access the Examination function using one of the following options:
- Enter quick command ex or emr and press Enter.
2. Select the visit by double clicking on the current visit (a prior visit can be select if you need to write an old visit report). This action tells Vetstar what visit you want to “file” the documentation in.
3. Select the Patient Visit Report by clicking in the box next to the status.
4. After selecting the Patient Visit Report, choose the service area seeing the patient.
5. After selecting the service area, those templates associated with that area will display. Click on the checkbox next to the desired template(s), and then click on the Verify Templates button or press Alt/y.
6. Wait for the editor to be populated with your templates. The flashing lightning bolt icon at the bottom right of the Vetstar program will flash red while processing, then change to solid yellow. Click into the editor and enter text to complete your report.
7. If you wish to add more templates to the report, you may re-access the template group area by clicking on the template button found on the right side of the editor.
8. After completing the visit report, click verify to “e-sign” the visit report, or click save if you need your supervising clinician to verify or “e-sign” the report.
Other Medical Record Documentation (Similar to the Visit Report)
Creating an Uploaded Document
1. To start another report access the reports screen by typing the quick command ex or emr.
2. Select the appropriate visit to “file” the documentation.
3. Click on the Add form
4. Select the type of form you would like to upload.
5. A black box will appear, wait for a folder to open.
6. Select and copy the document you wish to upload.
7. Paste document in the newly opened folder and click the Upload button.
8. At this point you may rename the document by typing the name where it says uploaded image.
9. After upload click save if you wish to edit later or click on the verify button to enter your pin and finalize.