Vetstar - Referral Lab Procedure / Test Code Addition
The following instructions guide through the process of creating a new Referral lab procedure code.
- If you are requesting a procedure code for a laboratory that is NOT in our system, you will need to contact the BSC (email@example.com) to add a PO: Vetstar - New Outside Lab Setup Request Procedures
- Our cost must be known before a procedure code can be established.
Submitting a request for a new referral lab procedure code:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org,.edu to request new lab procedure codes once you have the PO setup with the lab. Please include the following:
- Name of the Referral Lab
- Name of the test to be performed
- The description you would like entered for the test in Vetstar.
- Vetstar "Short Description" character limit = 25 characters
- Vetstar "Long Description" character limit = 55characters
- Our cost for the test (this is mandatory)
- The level of shipping charges that should be attached to the new code:
- GS201: FedEx, Express Mail, UPS Shipments I
- GS202: FedEx, Express Mail, UPS Shipments II
- GS203: FedEx, Express Mail, UPS Shipments III ***MOST COMMON***
- GS204: FedEx, Express Mail, UPS Shipments IV
- Any special instructions that should be added.