Topics Map > Vetstar > How To Articles
Vetstar - Navigation Tips and Tricks
Overview of the Home screen and basic commands and Function key usage.
Screen Mode / Action
- When adding, changing or deleting input in Vetstar, you must be in the correct Screen Mode. The current mode is displayed at the bottom right of the screen.
Navigation with Vetstar
- Use the keyboard function keys or the icons at the top of the Vetstar screen to change modes (see below).
- Help messages are displayed at the bottom left of the screen. If you do not know what to enter into a field, refer to these tips.
- Use the Enter key to commit to entering data and move to the next field. The TAB key will move the cursor to the next required field.
- Use the Page Up, Page Down, to move quickly through a search results or summary screen.
- Use the up and down arrows, then the RIGHT ARROW key to select a line from a search Window (see F4 below).
- Vetstar is case sensitive. When entering codes, be sure they are in the proper case.
Function Keys and Home Screen Navigation Icons
- You have the option of using the keyboard (function key) or mouse (icon):
|Function Key||Icon||Mode or Action|
|Use the A icons to resize your screen|
||Search for codes when available (you will see '<Window> to Search' in the help message at the bottom left of the screen if a search Window is available). Select from the search results by using the up and down arrows to select the line, then press the RIGHT ARROW key (or click on your choice with the mouse).|
|F5|| Add mode.
|F7|| Delete Mode.
|F9||If the help message at the bottom of the screen indicates that expand mode is available ('<Expand> for more detail>'), this option will display more information on the screen.|
|F10||Edit mode (toggle the insert button to change between overwrite and insert modes).|
|xxx:Live||Displayed towards the top right of the screen is your Operator ID. This ID will be noted in various places in history based on your activity.|
|Your Name||Your name will be displayed in the lower left corner of the Home screen. Important: You should not give your login information to someone else as the activity is logged under your login.|
|Command||The Command line, in the lower left corner of the Home screen, is used frequently to navigate to various screens using quick commands.|
|Searches||The Searches line, in the lower left corner of the Home screen can be used to search for a Client or Patient in many ways.|
|Search - Anytime you see the box with 3 dots it means you can select the box and search.|
|Status Bar|| Located at the very bottom of the screen at all times.|
|The "lightning bolt" represents activity. Red means that it is processing. (see image above)|