Topics Map > Vetstar > How To Articles
Vetstar - Creating a New Client / Owner Account
An owner should only have one account; therefore we must search the Vetstar database before we create a new account. Often someone other than the owner may present with the patient. The patient must go on the owners account and not the other representative.
Verify the owner of a patient
Check that the owner does not already have an account search for one using the following parameters on the command line
- Owners last name
- Owners last name/patient name
- Phone number
- Phone with area code: p2173335300
- Partial phone number: p217333
- Phone without area code: p()3335300
Important: Do not create nor use accounts that contain multiple names for the client such as John & Mary Smith. Do not use a VADDS account.
Adding a new Client/Owner Account
Only create a new account after thoroughly verifying that an account does not already exist.
- From the Home screen and ensure that you do not have a client account up.
- Type 2 for Client Master and press Enter. (You can also select 3 Client from the menu at the left of the screen.)
- Press F5 or select the Add button to go into Add mode. (Ensure that the status bar in the lower right corner says Add)
- Press enter and the Account number will auto fill.
- Fill out the Client information.
Name: lastname, firstname, middle initial (Smith, John N)Address: Do not use any punctuation (Use PO not P.O.)Zip: Enter the zip code and the city/state will auto populateCity:State:Valid: Ensure this IS checkedSal Salutation: This is required and you can Select F4 to open a search window or select the button.M.O.C (Method of Communication): Ask the customer their preferred MOC and select F4 to open a search window or select the button to choose their preference. (you can also enter m for mail or em for email, etc.)Home Phone: Work Phone: Cell Phone: Alt. Phone: Fax#: Email: If the owner does not have an email enter “none” in the field Type: Should default to owner Staff Dr: Should default to ha for House Account Drivers Lic: Enter the owners Driver’s License Number. Client DOB: Clients date of birth
- Tip: Be sure to enter through the field versus using tab. This will ensure you do not skip fields.
Enter through the rest of the screenYou will be prompted to enter a new patient. Add if needed.
- Note: Do NOT add a referring vet here.
All fields highlighted should always be completed