VADDS - Remove Record Locks
Record locks or frozen screens can happen if two users or sessions try to update the same record. A lock message will appear in the lower left corner of the screen and the activity indicator lightning bolt in the lower right corner will be red.
Escape Out of Multiple Sessions
Try these steps first:
- Log off of all open VADDS sessions on any/all PCs you were using and ensure nobody around you is accessing the same record. Escaping out of one of the session will free up the record lock and you can resume normal activity within VADDS.
- On the PC with the lock, close of all applications on your PC and perform a normal shutdown/reboot.
End Open Sessions
Another way to try to eliminate locks is to "end open sessions".
1. Log off of all open VADDS sessions.
2. Select the Vetstar and VADDS icon from your desktop:
3. When prompted, enter your NetID and VADDS password and press Enter.
4. The login options will appear as shown below. Type "e" to end open Vetstar or VADDS session. (It will "kill" open sessions or tell you there is "no process to kill"). Once complete you can log back into VADDS.
Still need help
Contact Support if you continue to have issues: VADDSfirstname.lastname@example.org.