Topics Map > SANDI > How To & FAQ
SANDI - Temporary Account Notes
Temporary Account Notes are used for non-medical purposes such as internal notices. For example, noting a cell phone to call for the visit, etc. Notes will appear under every patient for the selected client. Temporary notes can be added or deleted, there is no modification option. Anyone can add or remove a note.
Video Training Link: Temporary Account Notes
Important Note: Notes are displayed oldest to newest to allow the user to read them top down. For full compatibility between Vetstar and SANDI, notes must be in a per line format as opposed to typing a single note. This allows items added in SANDI to be backwards compatible with Vetstar. However, within SANDI you can now add a note into a single box, up to 200 characters, and it will separate itself into multiple lines for you.
Please be aware that Temporary Account Notes are not a permanent part of the medical record. Common examples of Temporary Account notes are:
- Use cell phone xxx-xxx-xxxx for today.
- Review Client Communication before checkout.
Add/Remove Temporary Account Notes
Select the pencil icon in the Temporary Account Note box.
Add a Note
1. Select the Add Note button.
2. It will automatically default to the patient selected in the Patient Dashboard. You can select another patient from the drop down.
3. Enter your text in the Note box.
4. When finished select Save and your text will automatically be separated into separate lines.
Delete a Note
- Ensure that you are on the correct note to be deleted,
- Select the Delete Icon (There is no deletion warning. Once you select the Delete Icon the note will be deleted.)