Adobe Creative Cloud
Adobe has released a new Creative Cloud software platform. This new release requires anyone using the campus Adobe license to sign into their own personal Adobe account. We have auto enrolled all faculty and staff with an Adobe Enterprise ID to allow Login to Adobe Creative Cloud and encourage you to login as soon as possible. (Students are not eligible for Adobe CC and must purchase it at the Webstore if needed.) Older Adobe DC (Editor) applications versions are being systematically removed from Vet Med PCs and the new version is being installed. You will need to login to the new Adobe DC with your NetID and password.
Adobe Creative Cloud Enterprise Access Login Instructions
Note: You can also login within Adobe CC applications themselves using your NetID and password. (The login is typically in the upper right hand corner of the applications.)
- Open a current browser (IE, Edge, Chrome and Firefox have been tested) and navigate to www.adobe.com
- Select on Sign In in the upper right-hand corner.
- Enter your U of I Email address (your_netID@illinois.edu) and click Continue.
- Select Enterprise ID the first time you sign in. On subsequent logins you will select Company or School account.
- You should then see your familiar campus Shibboleth login page. Enter your University netID and password, as usual and select Login.
- NOTE: You do not enter your full email address here, just your netID.
If Adobe DC is not on your Windows PC you can install it "Self Serve" here:
- Select Start
- Type Software Center and select the Software Center App
- A list of applications that are available to you will appear.
- Select Acrobat DC (Adobe 20.006.20034)
- Select Install and the program will install in the background for you.
Apple Mac PC Users: Install the latest version of Adobe DC:
- Select Launchpad (Spaceship Icon) on your macOS Dock.
- Find and open Managed Software Center within Launchpad.
- Once Managed Software Center is open, select the Updates button at the top of the window.
- Within the Updates section, click on the button on the top right of the window (under the search box).
- This button may say UPDATE ALL, UPDATE, CHECK FOR UPDATES, or CHECK AGAIN.
Note: If Managed Software Center does not appear in your Launchpad or Applications list, please email IT@vetmed.illinois.edu to schedule an appointment for assistance.
Don't have an Adobe Enterprise ID? Follow these instructions for Access and Activation (Allow 24-48 hours for activation)
- Open a browser and Navigate to: https://webstore.illinois.edu/home/adobeuic.html
- Feel free to read the informational bulletin provided.
Windows users: Do you need Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign updated?
- Close out of open applications
- Select Start
- Type Software Center and select it
- Choose the application and select Install
- PC property tag number
- Error message or detailed account of the issue.