Terminating Client Privilege
VTH Policy# CliSvc108
Implementation Date: 4/14/2016
Date of Last Revision: 7/29/2022
Next Review Due: 07/2025
Reviewed by VTH Administrative Team: N/A
Reviewed by VTH Board: 4/14/2016
Reviewed by Legal Counsel: N/A
Reviewed by Biosecurity Subcommittee: N/A
Subject to modification by the VTH Director without approval.
A client’s privilege of doing business with the Veterinary Teaching Hospital may be revoked by the Hospital Director or designee if the client is non-compliant to VTH policies, is disruptive verbally or physically with anyone (student, staff, faculty, clients) in the VTH during or after their visit at the VTH. Patient care must be provided until the patient is transferred to another facility or stable enough to go home.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure the safety of hospital staff, students, and clients; encourage a nonthreatening working environment and to provide documentation for both the VTH and potentially the police.
Procedure (if applicable)
It is the responsibility of all individuals working in the VTH to communicate an incident.
When an incident occurs over the phone or in person:
- Notify your direct supervisor of the incident.
- Record a communication log in the Health Information System detailing the incident.
- Supervisor will use his/her discretion to determine if termination may be indicated. If so, Hospital Director or designee will be contacted.
- Hospital Director or designee will review the incident details and client history.
- Hospital Director or designee will make a decision in consultation with the supervisor.
- If the client(s) is present, he/she will be informed verbally and given a written letter stating client privilege has been revoked.
- If the client is not present, he/she will be notified by certified letter that his/her privilege has been revoked.
- Patient care will be provided until the visit is complete. The client will be asked to seek future veterinary services outside the VTH.
- Client’s account in Health Information System will be flagged with Client Terminated status and locked to prevent any future appointments.
- A copy of the letter will be placed in the record (uploaded to the Health Information System) and the record will be handled as a legal record.
- A complete copy of the record will be provided to the owner if requested for continuation of care.
Definitions (if applicable)
Incident - verbal abuse, threatening behavior (verbal or physical), noncompliance to VTH policies, continued inappropriate or excessive communication
Veterinary Teaching Hospital (VTH) - The collective clinical services of the Large Animal Clinic, Midwest Equine, the Small Animal Clinic,and the Veterinary Medicine South Clinic.