Contracts and Service Agreements Process
Purpose/ Applicability: To establish appropriate procedures for identifying/securing coverage for VTH equipment and requesting repairs/maintenance on equipment.
1. Requesting Repair for a piece of equipment
- Email the VTH business office contract email at VTHContracts@vetmed.illinois.edu when an item needs repaired
i. Include the item description, the serial number, and a good description of what is wrong with the equipment in the email.
- The VTH business office will confirm whether the equipment has current coverage. If the service personnel know that the item is covered, please indicate such in the original email.
i. If the equipment is covered, VTH business office personnel will contact the vendor covering the item directly for any repairs under the contract.
- If the item is not covered by contract, a quote will be obtained by VTH business office personnel, sent to the requesting service for approval, and sent to purchasing for a PO.
2. Requesting coverage for a new piece of equipment
- Email the VTH business office contract email at VTHContracts@vetmed.illinois.edu
i. Include the item description, the serial number, original PO# (if available), and vendor item was purchased from (if available)
ii. VTH business office personnel will work with vendor for coverage options
iii. Coverage options will be approved by service faculty and VTH director’s office before being sent to campus purchasing for a PO
Last Update: 5/8/2020