VTH Board Minutes 4/27/23
Attendees: J. Whittington, N. Lamphier, E. Volk, A. Barger, M. Ridgway, D. French. S. Gray, K. Keller, S. Austin, L. Garrett, D. Hague, G. Pavlovsky, J. Bough, J. Chen
Updates: Info Only
- Welcome Jacob Bough as Hospital Services Coordinator!
- Heather Simmons hired as Med Disp. Office Support
- Corey McFarland hired as Web Application Developer
- Joanna Schmit, lecturer in Medical Oncology
- Radiologist Dr. Tannis Lochhead will locum for 1 week of each month.
- Business Administrative Associate position – conducting in-person interviews next week.
- Technician and Vet Assistants
- Anesthesia: Search is open
- Cardiology: One more candidate interviewing in May
- Dentistry: Dr. Bill Krug accepted, starting in August
- Diagnostic Imaging: Dr. Scharf declined, reopening the search.
- ECC: Dr. Aghili accepted offer, will start in October, after her boards, Dr. Kennedy, waiting on one more letter of recommendation and will make offer, Third candidate interviewing next week
- ER: Dr. Cruz interviewed last week, waiting for the search committee recommendation, another applicant is being scheduled
- Equine Primary Care: Candidate interviewing next week.
- Medical Oncology: Tenure track position open
- Production Medicine: Three candidates, interviews being scheduled.
- Rad Onc: Two candidates interviewed, waiting for the report from search committee
- Shelter Medicine: Two candidates, interviews being scheduled
- Small Animal Int. Med: Search open
- SA Ortho sx: Offer extended.
- SA Primary care: 4 candidates, zoom interviews ongoing
- Krista Keller (Zoo Med) and Meghan Fick (ECC) have accepted positions elsewhere and will be leaving this June.
- VTH Hires: CVT- Imaging, Shelter Med, Small Animal Surgery, IMC, ECC (2). Vet Assistants – IMC, ECC. Caretakers – LAC and SAC. Customer Service – LAC and SAC.
- VTH Open Searches: CVTs – IMC (2), ECC (8), Neuro, Surgery Oncology, Oncology, Anesthesia (2), SAS. CSRs (2).
- Upgrades, Reclassifications – Lori Zoch, CSRs to CSSs
- Oncology Expansion – going to the Board of Trustees for review in mid-May
- Equine surgery doors delivered this week (for recovery stalls and new OR)
The rail system will arrive after June 1st.
- Resurfacing LAC Ward 2 and 4 on hold until after ‘busy’ season, facilities exploring options for movable mats around phantom
- LAC Restrooms construction. Will need to move Diagnostic Imaging
- Ring Doorbell for LAC admissions – working with IT to install
- VMSC paging system – wiring run, finishing this week
- REMINDER – Only facilities personnel are allowed to perform work associated with remodeling, renovation, or upkeep including removing things affixed to the wall and painting.
- Campus switching from Skype to Teams – scheduled for July, pushed back from May.
- Shelter Medicine working with Macon Co. Foundation to secure funding for new mobile unit. Kentucky Trailer – 4 surgical tables, box truck.
- MOU For Veterinary Services of University-Owned Agricultural Animals and the Continuation and Functioning of the HMO – Updated to take effect July 1st.
- SA ER Case Transfer Guidelines – updated and under review
- MRO wards are back up.
- Reduced service for May 12th Vet Med Convocation Day
- College Holiday Schedule – drafted
- CVM budget requests
- Intern/Resident – Vacation/Sick time reporting, clarification of holiday and gift day ‘make-up’ days being discussed
- Will call for vote for new voted member to VTH Board (off-cycle) when Krista steps down.
- See Supplemental Sheet - presented by E. Volk
MWE / Farrier
- Dr. Benjamin (Alex) Lognion is serving as interim director of MWE
- Tobias Ellis is now the Farrier Service Head, with mentorship from Dr. French
- Reviewing Capital Requests
- Salary Distribution – faculty divided between SS and State funds depending on position. Tenure/tenure-track 100% on state, Specialized 42.5%/40%/35% respectively based on Instructor/Lecturer/Clinical
- House officers – 35% resident salaries on VTH, 100% intern salaries – corresponding decrease in affiliate year funds.
- Controlled Substances
- RNUA, Resources use
Service Updates / Issues
- Open Discussion