Inventory Management System (IMS)
The IMS is a web-based inventory ordering system being developed for use college-wide at Vet Med It replaces the 4D application for ordering and inventory management and brings new functionality to users.
How it works
Individuals will open the web application, shop for items, and add them to their cart and checkout. Depending on their Org (350, 292. Etc.), their order will be routed to the proper approver/purchaser. The application will allow users to see what is in stock throughout Vet Med inventory holding locations before ordering. Order status will be available for all orders, both new and completed.
Phase 1: Ordering locations will be the VTH Dispensary for medications and VTH storeroom. The BSC will be in the next phase and eventually, any department (Facilities, IT, etc.) will be able to use the IMS.
Phase 2: Integration with SANDI will be complete by 12/31/2024
Phase 1 (Storeroom 4D ordering replacement)
- November 2023 - Alpha Testing (Storeroom)
- December 2023 - Beta Testing (Storeroom)
- January 2024 - Bring VTH services onboard (Storeroom)
- December through January 2024 - Pharmacy ordering setup and implementation
Phase 2 (SANDI integration)
- February 1 - December 31, 2024