Instinct Updates 2/1/2024:
As a reminder that the Veterinary Teaching Hospital (VTH) will be implementing a new electronic treatment system, Instinct, on Tuesday, February 6th. This change will apply to ALL hospitalized patients in Small Animal ICU and IMC and will replace the old Small Animal ICU flow sheets. Instinct will NOT replace the requirement to complete the Drug Administration Record (The Purple Sheet). Please continue to document controlled substances used and obtain witness documentation as normal.
Instinct is now accessible on all hospital computers, both in the small and large animal hospitals.
Everything you need to know about Instinct can be found on the Knowledge Base (KB): https://answers.uillinois.edu/illinois.vetmedvth/search.php?cat=14019
Please access the KB for instructions on how to download Instinct onto your personal device AND how to access your personalized PIN (which will enable you to log into Instinct).
- Four recorded training sessions are now uploaded on the Knowledge Base (KB) and can be found here: Instinct Training Videos. All are relatively similar.
- Instinct representatives will be on-site next TUESDAY – THURSDAY (2/6 -2/8) and will have open-hours for additional group sessions (schedule TBD).
- For more directed questions, please visit https://careville.instinct.vet/. This site has multiple short training videos to assist you as you start using Instinct.
Please visit (and revisit) the KB for answers to FAQ regarding instinct!
As we strive for continuous growth and improvement in patient care, workflow, and communication, we understand that changes like these may raise uncertainties. We sincerely appreciate your patience and flexibility during this transition.
More to come, so please continue visiting the Instinct KB for ongoing updates!
How do I download Instinct onto my personal device?
Accessing Instinct Treatment Plan from a Non-University Personal Computer
- Use the same method as other Vet Med Remote Access apps, instructions here: https://answers.uillinois.edu/illinois.vetmed/92304.
- For MacOS users, be sure to follow the Apple macOS Setup Instructions before you download the RDP file from the downloads table.
- A VPN is not required.
- For all users, we recommend you download the RDP file to your desktop to use as a shortcut in the future.
- The first time you log into Instinct you will see "Instinct needs to authenticate your practice". Select Start Auto Log In (image below).
- Enter your PIN and start using the application.
How do I log on to Instinct?
A randomized 6-digit code (PIN: case-sensitive, letters, and numbers) was created for each user to log into Instinct.
How do I access my PIN?
The below link will connect you to a page to login with your NetID and password. Upon logging in, you will be directed to a page with your individualized PIN. This 6-digit code (PIN) will enable you to log into Instinct anywhere, anytime.
Should you forget your pin, you can access it anytime with this link: https://vetmed.illinois.edu/intranet/instinct/
Submit Instinct Suggestions
Submit Instinct Suggestions here: https://forms.office.com/r/fjVSmeH8Zm or use the QR code:
Future questions to be answered...
Answers to these questions will be coming soon!
- Who needs an Instinct treatment sheet?
- How do I register a patient into Instinct?
- How do I learn how to make a treatment sheet?
- If I have questions/concerns/suggestions about Instinct, who do I contact?
- What happens if the internet has an unplanned outage?
- How will students interact with Instinct?
- Will these electronic treatment sheets be uploaded into Sandi?
- How is Instinct different from SANDI?