Topics Map > Teaching and Learning > Illinois Compass 2G
Illinois Compass 2g, Add a link to a content area
This page contains information about adding a link to a content area in Illinois Compass 2g.
Links to outside websites and resources may be added to Content Areas as external links. When entering a URL, always enter the full web address to the link.
- Open a Course Content Area.
- Make sure Edit Mode is ON.
- Point to Build Content
- Select URL.
- Type a Name. This becomes the link users click to access the content.
- Type the full URL including http:// ( For example, type: http://www.blackboard.com).
- Use the text box to add a description.
- Attach any content for the URL.
Fill in the Options:
- Click Yes to Permit Users to View this Content.
- Click Yes to Open in New Window (best practice).
- Click Yes if you want to Track Number of Views.
- Select the Date and Time Restrictions, if any.
- Click Submit.