Topics Map > Help and Training
Topics Map > Teaching and Learning
ClassTech, Troubleshooting, USB
Troubleshooting steps for USB drives being used in general assignment classroom computers.
- If they have not already, turn the system on by pressing Display ON on the control panel or Start with Audio and Video on a touchscreen. Wait 30-90 seconds for the Display On button to stop blinking, or the touch panel to stop counting down. If the system was already on, have them restart it.
- Have them test the USB device/flash drive in all available ports. There should be several available on the front of the resident PC, and sometimes there are a few ports on the lectern itself.
- If none of the ports work, do a hard restart of the PC (hold down the power button until the light turns off, then press again to power on).
- If the device does not work in ANY ports, go out to the room to assist. Bring a test USB device to rule out problems with their device.
- If you are able to fix it or determine that it was the instructor's device that had a problem, create a ticket using the Classtech Problem Report form and leave the Help Desk and yourself as the assignee. You may then close the ticket.
- If you are able to confirm that no USB ports are working in the room, then create a ticket using the Classtech Problem Report form. Assign it to UIUC-TechServices-Computer Labs and Classrooms (Group). You must include the building and room.