Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Digital Signage
Digital Signage, Accessing Remote Desktop Server
Accessing Digital Signage Remote Desktop Server
Steps needed to access FWi Content Manager through remote desktop.
From a Remote Desktop client (such as Remote Desktop Connection in Windows or Microsoft Remote Desktop in OS X):
- Open a remote connection to signage.techservices.illinois.edu
- When prompted, login using your NetID and Password (for first time users, it will take a few seconds to create a user profile)
- If you have previously logged into the server, proceed to step 8. If you are a first time user, the connection for FourWinds will need to be established first.
- Open Content Manager Desktop from the shortcut on the desktop
- Wait for Content Manager to open, and then close all open windows to exit the application
- Double-click on either FWi Setup or FWi Setup Engineering (if you work in the Grainger College of Engineering)
- Follow on the on-screen prompts to create the connection
- Open Content Manager again, which should now be configured and displaying your unit folder