Topics Map > Printing and Software > WebStore
WebStore, Installing MS Project and MS Visio along side MS Office 365 Pro Plus
Microsoft Office, Project and Visio combinations
In many cases, you can install Office, Project, and Visio on the same computer. But, there are some combinations of Office, Project, and Visio that can't be installed together on the same computer. The two main things that determine whether Office, Project, and Visio can be installed together on the same computer are the version of the product and the installation technology used to install the product. What governs whether an installation scenario is supported are these two rules:
- You can’t install two products together that have the same version but use different installation technologies.
- You can’t install two products of different versions together if both products use Click-to-Run as the installation technology and those products have overlapping Office applications.
See the example installation scenarios section for several examples of installation scenarios that are supported and not supported, along with an explanation of why they are or aren’t supported, based on the rules listed above.
- All installed products must be either the 32-bit version or the 64-bit version. For example, you can’t install a 32-bit version of Visio on the same computer with a 64-bit version of Office.
- Even though a particular installation scenario is supported, it might not be recommended. For example, we don’t recommend having two different versions of Office installed on the same computer, such as Office 2013 (MSI) and Office 2019 (Click-to-Run).
- Volume licensed versions of Office 2013 and Office 2016 use Windows Installer (MSI). Volume licensed versions of Office 2019 use Click-to-Run. The same is true for volume licensed versions of Project and Visio.
- For Office 365 and Office 2019 products, all products installed on the computer must be using the same update channel. For example, the volume licensed version of Office Professional Plus 2019 can only use the PerpetualVL2019 update channel. Therefore, it can’t be installed on the same computer that has Project Online Desktop Client using Semi-Annual Channel or on the same computer that has Visio Online Plan 2 (the subscription version of Visio that was previously named Visio Pro for Office 365) using Monthly Channel.