Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Digital Signage
Digital Signage, Creating New Templates in Content Manager
This KB article describes adding content into Content Manager as implemented by the Digital Signage Service
Attempting to add content by using the main toolbar (e.g. Content > New > Image) will produce the error, “You don’t have sufficient permissions to create content.”
The reason for this is that the top menu Content adds content at the root level, which is not available for end users in the shared system. Units can only add content into their own Content Category or Content Categories to which they have proper permissions.
There are two methods of adding content that can be used within the new environment.
Through the Content Panel:
- Right-click on the desired Content Category
- Choose Add Content in this Category
- Choose the type of content from the expanded list of content types.
- Depending on the type of content you are using, fill in the appropriate fields.
- For file-based content, use the Folder icon next to the URL field to insert the proper file from a departmental folder on the S:\ drive.
- Make sure to save your additions (File > Save).
By Dragging and Dropping:
- Open a folder in the Remote desktop environment containing one or more file-based content items (such as images).
- Select the desired files from the desktop folder and drag them onto the desired Content Category in the Content pane.
- A new content dialog will appear for each of the content items added. Each one will need to be completed.
- Make sure to save your additions (File -> Save).
- The drag and drop method is substantially quicker in most cases as it eliminates the need to type in the Name and from having to locate the file via the URL. However, this only works for file-based content.