Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Digital Signage
Digital Signage. Adding a Content Player to Content Manager
How to add a new Digital Signage Content Player to Content Manager
Adding a Content Player in Content Manager
Departmental Authors can add new digital signs using Content Manager.
To add a new content player:
- Right-Click on the Location that you wish to add your player.
- Choose New Content Player
In the Properties box:
- Enter a descriptive name; we encourage including your dept in the name
- Names usually indicate location and purpose (e.g. "Weston Lounge Sign – West Wall").
- Select the Platform (such as Windows) of the device
- Enter a Deployment ID
- The Deployment ID will typically be the name of the computer
- Deployment IDs must be unique; the system will not allow to click OK if it already exists
- Select the radio button for A server will manage the deployment
- Other settings are available but not always necessary.
- Click OK
To change the proprieties later, Right-Click on the sign and Choose Properties.
If you get the message, “You don’t have sufficient permissions to create a player at this location.” It is either because you are not in the “departmental Authors” security group or permissions have been restricted by your department. Please send an email to email@example.com if you have any issues.