Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Kaltura
Kaltura, Shared Repositories
Members of a shared repository can publish media in the channel (contributed by anyone) to other channels and galleries, even if they are not owners or co-publishers of the media.
Shared repositories are ideal for groups creating and publishing content together. Normally, only an owner or co-publisher of an individual video can publish it to a channel. This feature provides a workaround.
Create a Shared Repository:
- Click on your name (after you have logged in) and choose "My Channels" from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a name for the repository.
- Under Privacy, choose "Shared Repository."
- Click Save.
Add media to your Repository:
You can add media to your repository in one of two ways.
Note: to add to a repository, you must have permission to publish the media. A description is required to publish media.
You can start by viewing the media.
- Choose "Publish" from the actions menu.
- Click on the "Publish in Channel" tab.
- The repository will be in the list of your channels.
- Check the box for the repo.
- Click "Save."
Alternatively, you can start in the repository and click on the "Add to Channel" button on the right.
To Publish Media from a Shared Repository:
You will need to have permission to publish media to the destination channel.
- Start in the destination channel. Click the "Add to Channel" button on the right.
- Click on the "Shared Repository" tab and choose the repository from the drop-down menu.
This will give you a list of media in the repository.
- Check the box of the media you want to publish from the list, and click the "Publish" button.