Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Digital Signage
Digital Signage, FWi Player Installation and Configuration Resources
This article references vendor resources for digital signage player configuration.
The Poppulo (formerly Four Winds Interactive, or FWi) digital signage platform supports a few different device types for delivering digital signage to campus. In this article we have included installation steps for the various devices currently used on campus.
There are two recommended methods for upgrading your digital signs:
- MECM (Campus Endpoint Management)
- The latest releases of Content Player for Windows are available as Managed Applications in the campus MECM system.
- We strongly suggest using a task sequence when upgrading content players, as it will stop existing processes, install Content Player, and then restarts the player.
- An example task sequence can be found under: Software Library > Operating Systems > Task Sequence > .DEMO DAYS > DEMO DAYS-Fourwinds Upgrade Example.
- File-based Installation
- For those not using MECM, the files are located on the file server in the folder S:\FourWinds Content Installers\
Please review the DSS Read Me First - Updated <date>.txt file before upgrading as it contains commands to ensure proper installation and operation of signage.exe
- If the installer file is ran without the commands, it is highly likely the player application will fail after reboot or at login.
Specific Samsung hardware is required to utilize Content Player for SSP. For assistance with installing SSP devices, please contact the Digital Signage Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org
FWI Player (v3.4.3) is available for download from the Apple App Store
Note: As of July 23rd, 2019, Content Player for iOS is officially in maintenance mode with no future updates to be made to this product. iOS devices will likely not be supported in future versions of FWi software (v6.0 and above).
Android (FWi Meeting Room Player)
Specific hardware is required to utilize Content Player for Android.To acquire the installation software, contact the Digital Signage Services team at email@example.com
Departments managing digital signage players should refer to the latest best practices provided on the Poppulo Community site.
(Campus users will need to register with Poppulo using their University email address to login to this resource.)
From the above link, the following resources will be available:
- Content Player for Windows :: Signage Player Setup Checklist
- Content Player for Windows :: Installation
- Content Player for Windows :: Upgrading
- Content Player for Windows :: Prerequisite Software