2FA, No password, 2FA device, or bank account on file
I'm stuck trying to access my account. I let my password expire (or forgot it) and can't get past MFA (lost device, changed phone number, etc.). I don't have a bank account on file with the university, what can I do?
You can utilize self-service options if the following applies to you:
- If you forgot your password but you do have access to a registered MFA device, you can reset your password here: NetID Center Reset Password.
- If you know your password and have a recovery email on file, but do not have access to any of your MFA devices you can get a temporary passcode here: NetID Center Temporary Passcode.
However, please contact the Help Desk at 217-300-7140 to get a temporary passcode if the following applies to you:
- If you know your password, but you do not have a recovery email on file and you do not have access to any of your MFA devices.
- If you forgot your password, you do not have a recovery email on file, and you do not have access to any of your MFA devices.
- The passcode you receive (from the NetID Center or the Help Desk) is designed for short-term occasional or emergency use. Each passcode expires after 3 days or 100 uses, whichever comes first. You can request a temporary passcode a maximum of 24 times a year.
- Make sure to update your registered MFA devices via the NetID Center or Duo Universal Prompt after receiving the passcode to avoid having to use bypass codes in the future.
If accessing Microsoft365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) or Shibboleth (Canvas, Box, Zoom, Moodle, etc.):
Select "Other options" at the Duo prompt, then click on "Bypass code" as shown in the screenshot below:
If accessing AITS Applications (Banner, HR Reporting, My UI Info, NetID Center, Direct Deposit, etc.):
Select the "Use" drop down as shown in the screenshot below: