UIUC AnyWare is a virtual desktop environment allowing students to access software whether remote, on campus, or in class. Students can access UIUC AnyWare on multiple devices and operating systems including Windows, MacOS, and Linux, iOS, and Android.
We recommend downloading the Citrix Workspace application to access UIUC AnyWare or use a browser and your campus credentials to connect to the UIUC AnyWare service. VPN is NOT REQUIRED to use UIUC AnyWare
Who is the service for:
- Undergrad students - Students may use the service at any time
- Instructors - Instructors are limited to only teaching and class time use
- At this time the service is not available for staff use
Why use the service:
- If you need to run software that you do not have access to on your own device
- You can run class software that your personal device cannot run due to processing power
- If you are unable to download large files due to internet bandwidth issues or data caps
- No need to install software on your personal device
- No need to update software on your personal device
How to access the service:
- VPN is NOT required to use UIUC AnyWare
- Log in to UIUC AnyWare (connecting instructions)
- You will be logged off when your connection is idle for 2 hours
- You will be logged off 10 minutes after you are disconnected
Using UIUC AnyWare Applications and Desktop:
File management and working with local files:
UIUC AnyWare General Purpose Desktops (On-Campus and Azure) have direct integration with campus affiliated Microsoft OneDrive cloud storage.
Additionally, once you are connected to your virtual desktop or application, you can use data from your local computer including any drives, network or cloud storage that are mapped to your local computer. Citrix Workspace creates a connection back to your local computer. This will allow you to open and save your files from and to your local computer.
General Purpose Machine and Graphics Enabled Desktop Software
How to get support: