Topics Map > Safety and Security
Topics Map > Teaching and Learning
Safer Illinois, Smartphone Loan Setup Instructions
I just received my Smartphone from the Safer in Illinois Loan program, how do I set this up?
- The phone will offer a quick start (If you have a current iPhone, you cannot use this as a quick start to set up this phone), you will select the manual set up.
- You will need to pick either current WiFi or use Cellular Connection, either will work.
- The phone will run through activation - this could take a few moments depending on speed of WIFI or Cellular connection.
- The next screen will be the Remote Management, the only option to select is "Next".
- Use your NetID and Password, most errors at this point are due to mistyping the password.
- From this screen the phone will automatically install your information and apps from the Apple Directory.
- You will be prompted to set up a pass code (this is set by the person using the phone to unlock the screen), the customer also has the option of using the bio metrics for the lock feature.
- You do not have to turn on Location Service, however, it will have to be turned on to use the Safer in Illinois App.
- Applications on the phone will include the Safer in Illinois App, the Illinois App, Safari (which will only access webpages on the Illinois domain), DUO Mobile and Mail. The Mail option is set to pull from your University Exchange account.
You will not be able to set up an Apple ID on this iPhone