AuthMan, Sync Groups to Azure Active Directory
How to mark AuthMan groups for syncing to Active Directory
|Group Type||Group Description||AuthMan Marker Attributes||Implementation|
|Azure AD Security Groups||Generally used for resource access in Azure subscriptions, some Office 365 applications.||etc:attribute:m365:SecurityGroup-Simple
|Microsoft 365 Unified "Private" Groups||Private Group with mailbox and SharePoint site: only invited members can be a member and see content.||etc:attribute:m365:PrivateGroup-Simple
|Microsoft 365 Unified "Public" Groups||Public Group with mailbox and SharePoint site: any user in the organization can self-join and see content.||Coming Soon|
|Microsoft 365 Unified "Hidden Membership" Groups||Like Private Group, but members cannot see other memberships.||Coming Soon|
|Mail-Enabled Security Groups||Security Groups with an email address. Usually synced from the UOFI AD||Use campus AD|
|Distribution Groups||Exchange groups with an email address, usually synced from the UOFI AD|| Use campus AD|
|Shared Mailboxes||An Exchange mailbox configured for multiple user access, usually configured within Exchange.||Use campus AD|
- Navigate to the folder that you want to assign to sync.
- Click on the Functions button in the upper right to expand the menu.
- Select Attribute Assignments
- Click the orange +Assign Attribute button
- In the attribute name box, type m365 and select the appropriate attribute that matches the naming profile above.
- Click the Save button to set the attribute field to the folder.
For any additional questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.