Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Illinois Mobile App
Safer Illinois, Vaccine Data in Safer Illinois
How do I get my vaccine data reflected in Safer Illinois?
Starting Monday, June 21, Safer Illinois will use verified vaccine data from McKinley to determine building access.
To see your vaccination data, tap on View Health History from the Home screen. A "Vaccine Effective" event will be displayed with the date your vaccine became effective, typically 14 days after your last dose. You may have to scroll past on-campus test results to find vaccines with effective dates in the past.
The following are prerequisites for using vaccine data in Safer Illinois.
- COVID-19 vaccine listed in your printable Immunization Record in MyMcKinley
- Update to the latest version of Safer Illinois
- Allow Safer Illinois access to your Health Provider Vaccine Information.
- Safer Illinois COVID-19 encryption keys must be valid and paired
1. COVID-19 Vaccine in your Immunization Record
Your COVID-19 vaccine must be listed in your printable Immunization Record in the MyMcKinley Portal.
To view your Immunization Record:
- Visit the MyMcKinley Portal at https://mymckinley.illinois.edu
- Click on Immunizations, then View History
- Click the green “Print” button to open your Immunization Record
- If your COVID-19 vaccine does not appear in the printable Immunization Record, it will not be sent to Safer Illinois.
For all other information about COVID-19 vaccine requirements and procedures, visit https://covid19.illinois.edu/vaccines-for-covid-19/
NOTE: The Immunization page of MyMcKinley may say “Overall Status: Verified”. This does not indicate review and acceptance of your COVID-19 vaccine data. You must click on the green Print button to review your printable Immunization Record.
Learn how to get your COVID-19 vaccine added to your Immunization Record by McKinley at https://covid19.illinois.edu/vaccines-for-covid-19/.
Your vaccine record can take 12-24 hours to appear in Safer Illinois once it is in your Immunization Record in the MyMcKinley Portal.
2. Update to the latest version of Safer Illinois
Open the App Store or Play Store on your device and install any pending updates to the app.
3. Allow Safer Illinois access to your Health Provider Vaccine Information
Enable Health Provider Test Results and Vaccination Data in the Settings screen of Safer Illinois.
To enable vaccine data to Safer Illinois:
- Visit the Settings screen, and if Health Provider Test Results and Vaccine Information is off (X mark), turn it to On (checkmark).
- You must request your latest data from McKinley. Return to the Home Screen, tap on View Health History, then scroll to the bottom and tap on Request my latest test again. Your data will be delivered with an hour.
Your vaccine data must already appear in your McKinley vaccination report, as described above.
4. Safer Illinois COVID-19 encryption keys must be valid and paired
Please verify your COVID-19 keys are valid and paired in the Settings screen of Safer Illinois. Find more information at https://answers.uillinois.edu/illinois/103844.