Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Kaltura
Kaltura, Record lectures on your laptop
Lectures can be captured using Zoom, Kaltura Capture, and other methods, transferred to Kaltura, and shared with students through mediaspace.illinois.edu, Canvas, or Compass.
This article is intended to get you started recording lectures to be viewed in Kaltura.
Create your video.
- Zoom (Zoom, Recording to cloud or Illinois Media Space ; Kaltura, Record a Zoom meeting with two feeds ) or
- Kaltura Capture (a full-featured program allowing multiple inputs, PowerPoint slides, etc -- Kaltura, Using Personal Capture ) or
- Express Capture (a simple, quick way to record a quick video with your Webcam -- Kaltura, Recording webcam video with Express Capture), or
- produce the video with QuickTime or your favorite method, and upload it (Kaltura, Uploading media ) to mediaspace.illinois.edu.
Share with your students.
- You can create a channel in Mediaspace (Kaltura, Channel creation ) and publish the videos to the channel (Kaltura, Publishing media to a channel). You can make the channel Public, Restricted to all U of I people who log in, or we can add students to a Private channel (Kaltura, Roster for a Media Space channel ).
- Also, you can add videos with the built-in tools in Canvas (Kaltura, Add a video to Canvas ) or in Blackboard (Kaltura, Integration with Illinois Compass 2g ).
Technical issues? Contact the Help Desk, firstname.lastname@example.org, (217) 244-7000.